Polaroid - X800 digital camera

Issue not resolved
Jan 09, 2011
review #215574

I purchased for a friend for a Christmas gift.1)The back of the product package indicates the camera uses a SD card which I bought-however once you try to put the card in the camera it is too big-if you reread the package in small print under SD it reads micro; so you have to make another trip to the store to get a new card.When I took the camera back to the store they immediately knew the problem without me describing the card situation because other customers came in with the same problem.

2)You have to print out the whole 42 page owners manual; it only comes with a small quick startup guide.

3)On whole it takes crappy pictures.

b069f8b
Had an experience with Polaroid?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Rena

Nov 29, 2011 Ciampea, Jawa Barat

I bought a x800 waterproof camera for my granddaughter for Christmas and of course haven't opened it. I'm trying to see if is rechargable or if it takes batteries, if so what kind? Any help would be appreciated.

Rena

Nov 29, 2011 Ciampea, Jawa Barat

Chandra

Sep 15, 2011

My boss bought this camera to use on job sites. I would NOT recommend this camera to anyone and would further state that anyone who purchases and is satisfied with this camera must enjoy being frustrated by their equipment. I am technically savvy and can operate the thing, but really? This is as good as Polaroid can do with 75 years of experience under their belts? :x :(

Becky Mader

Jul 26, 2011

We were frustrated by this also, but discovered that the camera does turn on without batteries when connected to USB. I guess it draws power from USB. The rest of the download instructions work ok.

JoeB

Feb 19, 2011

1. Turn PC on.

2. Plug camera cable into Camera.

3. Plug camera cable USB end into computer USB port.

4. Turn on Camera... wait until camera show message 'USB, PC, Pictbridge'.

5. PC should be selected if not select by highlighting and press shutter button.

6. Press 'Shutter' button.

7. Window 'Autoplay' appears on PC. Select 'import' in Autoplay window.

8. Another window will ask you to name your picture folder. Give it a name.

9. The pictures download to the picture folder automatically.

10. Turn the camera off and disconnect cable from camera and from the PC

11. ENJOY!!

mclover56

Feb 12, 2011

We got one for my son for a trip we are taking. The owner's manual tells you that to dowlad video to your PC you connect the USB cable to the camera and PC and then turn the camera on..EXCEPT that to connect the USB cable you have to open tha battery door and leave it open. Guess what? There's no power to the camera any more!!! WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?!?!?!

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.